Friday, September 11, 2009

Soup-er Friday!...yum!

Ok so this week I made TWO batches of soup! One for me and my mom since we don't like "spicy" soup and one for the boys!


This recipe is for Chicken Florentine from Biaggi's....It is my FAVORITE! and it is super easy!

1-1.5 cups of Asiago cheese
2 pinches of nutmeg
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 small onion chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 pkg frozen spinach thawed and drained
3 chicken breasts cooked and cut into bite size pieces
1 Carton of chicken stock
3/4 cup Half and Half
LOTS of salt and pepper
(flour optional if you want a thicker soup)
Croutons



Sautee the onions and garlic in the olive oil and butter then add the spinach along with nutmeg and cook for a couple of mins.

Add chicken stock, cheese, & half and half along with salt and pepper to taste

Simmer for about 15 mins and voila easy peasy you have a delicious soup!!!

Told you guys this was simple!...add croutons when serving (this is what really makes it for me)





Spicy sausage minestrone..Beware..this makes a VERY large batch of soup..but the left overs are delicious and soup is amazing because you can freeze it and get it out whenever you're in the mood :)


1 lb. Hot sausage
1 lb. Mild or sweet sausage (sausage is up to you, if you don't want it to be spicy then use mild and regular)
1 Green Pepper
1 Zuchini
1 large potato
1 Large Onion
3 Cloves garlic
3 Cans stewed tomatoes
1 Carton Beef Stock
1 Can light kidney beans
Spices (all to taste)-Oregano, Red pepper flakes, Flat parsley coarsely chopped, salt and pepper
1 Box small pasta of your choosing-cooked and drained



Cook both sausages and drain leaving one tbsp of renderings in the pot

Add onion and garlic to sautee along with the chopped zuchini, potatoe, and green pepper- Sautee for around 5-8 mins

Add Sausage back into pot along with tomatoes (include the juice), kidney beans (include juice), and stock

Add spices to taste and simmer for around 20 mins

Add the cooked noodles simmer for 10 mins


Serve!!! YUMMMMM




I also served these soups with Paninis

They were turkey bacon paninis on rosemary and sea salt foccacia :)


For dessert I made a blood orange sorbet and a raspberry sorbet...from scatch..always amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Man. I wish I was invited to your house. THat sounds amazing. Biaggi's Chick. FLo is my fave. I am so very excited to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CIO stands for cry it out. Its a method of sleep training that (as you can see) lots of ppl use. Basically, you put your baby to bed awake and let them cry themselves to sleep in effort to train them to go to sleep ontheir own. I have never been able to wrap myself around it. I like to rock my babies. But, Im not sleeping much nowadays. Boo.

    ReplyDelete

Me and my wonderful Hubby

Me and my wonderful Hubby
So you think our baby will have dark hair?? he he

Kinda scary...

Kinda scary...
But we love it :)