Saturday, September 19, 2009

Souper-Fri.....Saturday!

So I finally am getting to post my soup recipe for the week!! I've been so busy with cakes that I'm doing it a day late..But it's a tasty one! Potato soup from O'charleys..the kind that when you take your spoon out of the bowl there is a long "string" of cheese and yumminess :)



Here's what you'll need

16 oz. Velveeta
1 Stick butter
1/4 C. Flour
8 C. half and half
5 Potatoes ( I use red with the skins still on its up to you)
White Pepper to taste (usually around a tsp.)
1 Drop of your favorite hot sauce...ONLY one drop!
Chives
Bacon
Use both chives and bacon to taste...I use loaddddds


So I start out with boiling my potatoes for around 15 minutes just to where they have a tiny bit of crunch left to cook out with the soup

Once they are done, drain and set aside.

Melt the butter and slowly whisk in the 1/4 c. flour until thick

Add the half and half and slowly add diced pieces of the velveeta being sure to stir it in so it doesn't just sink to the bottom and burn

Once velveeta is thoroughly incorporated add in the white pepper, hot sauce, chives, bacon, and potatoes....Simmer stirring occassionally for about 10-15 mins.

(i usually add about half of a bag of additional finely shredded cheddar cheese as well)

Serving time!!

Serve however your heart desires I serve mine with a small dolip of sour cream, lots of bacon and chives and some cheddar cheese on top :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me and my wonderful Hubby

Me and my wonderful Hubby
So you think our baby will have dark hair?? he he

Kinda scary...

Kinda scary...
But we love it :)